We loved this one so much, we just had to share this video from The King of Random with you! You can make these LEGO gummies ahead of time and serve them at your child’s birthday party, or put them in the goody bags for the guests to take home, enjoy and remind them of the great time they had playing on Playparty.net’s LEGO stations.
1. Start with 1/2 cup of very cold water
2. Pour in 1/4 cup of corn syrup
3. Stir until fully dissolved
4. Pour into a pot, but do NOT turn on heat yet.
5. Add 2 packets of gelatin and one packet of Jell-O
6. Stir slowly into gelatin is mixed in.
7. Heat over medium low for 5-10 minutes, stirring slowly regularly
8. Find mold, such as LEGO ice cube trays, or make your own* from silicon with LEGO toys.
9. When ingredients are completely liquified, pour into mold.
TIP: Pour syrup into condiment container for easy dispensing into mold.
10. Let cool for about 5 hours.
*White molds shown in the video are made from silicone found at special effects supply stores; used actual LEGO bricks, with a LEGO base plate brushed with oil to make them interlocking and stackable.
1. If you are seeing bubbles and lumps, pour the liquid into a tall drinking glass and let stand for about 10 minutes; the “impurities” will float to the top and you can just scrape them off with a spatula. Remelt the syrup and you’re good to go.
2. Powderize chewable vitamin C tablets and mix into heated syrup to add a yummy tartness and a bit of nutrition.
Store them in an airtight container and you can keep them for up to a month.